Have you ever been blocked by the
alsa lib confmisc c 768 parse_card cannot find card 0 error and don’t know how to fix it? If so, you are not alone and the purpose of this article is to help you resolve it. This issue can occur if ALSA is not configured correctly, if you’ve recently upgraded ALSA, or if the ALSA kernel driver is not loaded correctly. In this article, we will be walking you through the steps to resolve this issue in the most efficient way possible.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help resolve your
alsa lib confmisc c 768 parse_card cannot find card 0 error.
- First check whether the ALSA kernel driver is loaded correctly by running the following command in the terminal:
lsmod | grep snd.
- If the command doesn’t return any output, then the ALSA kernel driver isn’t loaded. To load it type the command
modprobe sndinto the terminal.
- If the driver is still not loaded, then you can try reinstalling ALSA:
- First remove ALSA from the system using the command
sudo apt-get remove alsa-base
- Then force the reinstall of ALSA using
sudo apt-get install alsa-base
- If the issue persists, then the problem could be due to incorrect configurations. Try to reset the configurations by running the following command in the terminal:
sudo alsactl restore.
- Finally, restart your computer and perform a quick check to make sure the error is resolved.
What should I do if I see 'alsa lib conf misc c 768 parse_card cannot find card 0' error?
This error can occur if the ALSA kernel driver isn't correctly loaded, or if your ALSA is incorrectly configured. The best way to solve this issue is to first check whether the ALSA driver is loaded correctly. If the driver is not loaded, try to load it with the command
modprobe snd. If the issue is still not resolved, try to reinstall ALSA using the command
sudo apt-get install alsa-base. Finally, reset your ALSA configurations by running the command
sudo alsactl restore.
Could this error be caused by something else?
Yes, this error could be caused by other software conflicts or corrupted audio files. Make sure your audio files are not corrupted, and check if any other software is conflicting with ALSA.
How can I check if the ALSA driver is loaded correctly?
To check if the ALSA driver is loaded correctly, run the command
lsmod | grep snd in your terminal. If the driver isn't loaded, try to load it with the command
What does the command 'sudo alsactl restore' do?
sudo alsactl restore is used to reset your ALSA configurations. This can help resolve your
alsa lib confmisc c 768 parse_card cannot find card 0 error if it occurs due to incorrect ALSA configurations.
What other problems might I face if I have this error?
If you face this error, you will not be able to use your audio device properly, and the volume settings may not be set correctly. You may also experience audio distortions and crackling sound.