This guide will explain how to fix the error message “Application SID Does Not Match Conductor SID” when using an application built with Conductors.
- Start by identifying what application you are using and the version of the application.
- Expand the service control manager (SCM) console in the application and look for a folder labeled “services”.
- Right click on the service and select "Properties".
- In the properties window look for the "Application SID" field and ensure that it's the same as your Conductor SID.
- If it's not the same, change it to the Conductor SID.
- After making the change, restart the application.
• Make sure you know the exact versions of your application and Conductor SID.
• You may need an administrator access to modify the service properties.
• Restarting the application is necessary after making any changes to the service control manager (SCM).
• If you are still getting the same error message, try upgrading the application.
What is an Application SID?
An application SID is a security identifier that is generated by the operating system whenever an application is installed. The SID helps to uniquely identify the application.
What is a Conductor SID?
A Conductor SID is also a security identifier that is generated by the operating system when a Conductor is installed. The SID helps to uniquely identify the Conductor.
What should I do when the Application SID does not match Conductor SID?
In the service properties of the application, you will need to modify the Application SID so that it matches the Conductor SID. After making the change, restart the application.
What if the Application SID and Conductor SID are still not matching?
You may need to upgrade the application. Make sure that the versions of the application and Conductor SID match.
What should I take into account when making changes to the service properties?
Before making any changes to the service properties, ensure that you have administrator access. Additionally, restarting the application is necessary after making any changes to the service control manager (SCM).