Buffer is a popular app and website used to schedule and post social media content. It is an easy way to manage multiple accounts and measure your performance. However, sometimes an error message appears when trying to upload an image to Buffer, saying "Invalid Image". This can be caused for a number of reasons, and can potentially slow down your workflow. In this guide, we'll explain what causes the error and how to fix it.
Causes of the Error
The "Invalid Image" error from Buffer can occur due to the following reasons:
- The image format is not supported by Buffer.
- The image size is too large compared to the allowed File Size Limit.
- The image is corrupt.
How to Fix
The steps to fixing the "Invalid Image" error are as follows:
- Make sure that the image format is supported by Buffer. Buffer supports JPEG, PNG, and now GIFs. If your image is not one of those, try to convert it to one of the supported formats.
- Check that the size of the image is less than 25 MB. If the size is greater than 25 MB, reduce the size of the image using a photo editor.
- Check that the image is not corrupt. Try to open the image with a different viewer or photo editor and see if it opens without any problems.
- Retry the upload process on buffer.
Q: What are the supported image formats for Buffer?
A: Buffer currently supports JPEG, PNG, and GIFs.
Q: How should I reduce the size of the image for Buffer?
A: You can use any photo editor and reduce the size before uploading it to Buffer. For example, Adobe Photoshop and Gimp are good options.