The Chrome team has continuously been working hard to make their browser the most reliable, secure, and feature-rich out there. They have recently released some native new tab features that offer a whole new level of convenience and usability. Here, we will discuss how to discover and use these new features.
Open Chrome Settings
- To open the Chrome settings page, click the three-dot icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings."
Search for "New Tab"
- In the settings page, search for "New Tab" in the search bar.
Under "Appearance" section
- Scroll down to the Appearance section and check the option "Show Home button." This allows your home page to appear when you open a new tab.
Choose New Tab Layout
- Click on the arrow next to "Show Home button" and choose from the three new tab layouts available from the drop-down menu.
Choose a Background
- You can also choose your desired background from the drop-down menu. If you don't want a background, choose "No background."
Customize Your New Tab Experience
- In addition, you can customize your new tab by adding shortcuts to websites and apps, making it easy to access the most frequently visited webpages with just one click.
Q: What are the available features of the new tabs?
A: The new tabs feature allows you to choose one of three different layouts, add shortcuts to websites and apps, and choose a background.
Q: Can I turn off the new tabs feature?
A: Yes, you can turn off the new tabs feature by unchecking the "Show Home button" option in the Chrome settings.
Q: Is there a way to organize the shortcuts?
A: Yes, you can easily organize the shortcuts on your new tab page to your liking. Just drag and drop the shortcuts in the order you want them to appear.
Q: How do I remove a shortcut from my new tab page?
A: To delete a shortcut from your new tab page, right-click on the shortcut and select "Remove from Chrome."
Q: Is there a way to customize the new tab page further?
A: Yes, you can customize the background of your new tab page with an image of your choice by clicking on the "Customize background" option in the Chrome settings.
If you'd like to learn more about the Chrome native new tab features, take a look at the following links: