Are you tired of getting stuck in the endless save loop when you're trying to work in Microsoft Word 2016? Are the short-term solutions not useful enough? NeuroPoint Digital is here to help you out with a step-by-step guide on how to fix this annoying problem!
Step 1: Download and Install the Latest Updates
Before trying any steps to fix the endless save loop problem, it is recommended to update Microsoft Word 2016 to ensure that all the latest bug fixes, as well as any new features, are installed.
To download and install the updates, follow the steps below:
- Go to the File tab.
- Select Account from the left pane.
- Click Update Options, then select Update Now.
- Once the update is finished, restart Microsoft Word 2016.
Step 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Your Version of Word
If the problem persists, then you may need to uninstall and then reinstall your version of Microsoft Word.
To uninstall and reinstall Word, here are the steps:
- Go to Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
- Select Microsoft Word in the list of installed programs.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once the uninstall is complete, go to the official Microsoft site to download the latest version of Microsoft Word.
- Install the new version and check if the problem is resolved.
Step 3: Disable Word Add-ins
This problem may also occur due to the enabled third-party add-ins. Disabling all the installed Word add-ins can help to fix the endless save loop problem.
To disable Word add-ins, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Word 2016.
- Go to the File tab and select Options.
- Select Add-ins from the left pane.
- Select COM Add-ins from the Manage drop-down list and click Go.
- Uncheck all the add-ins in the list and click OK.
- Restart Microsoft Word 2016 and check if the issue persists.
Q1: What is an Endless Save Loop Error?
A: The Endless Save Loop Error is a common bug in Microsoft Word 2016 which prevents the user from saving their documents due to a constantly looping save dialog.
Q2: What Causes The Endless Save Loop Error?
A: The Endless Save Loop Error can be caused by outdated versions of Microsoft Word, conflicts with installed third-party add-ins, or data corruption.
Q3: How Can I Fix the Endless Save Loop Error?
A: You can try downloading and installing the latest updates for Microsoft Word, uninstalling and reinstalling the version of Word, and disabling any third-party Word add-ins.
Q4: How Do I Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Word?
A: To uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Word, go to the Control Panel and select Programs and Features. Select Microsoft Word in the list of installed programs, click Uninstall and then install the latest version of Microsoft Word.
Q5: Should I Reinstall Older Versions of Microsoft Word?
A: No, it is not recommended to reinstall an older version of Microsoft Word as these versions may be outdated and may not have necessary bug fixes. It is always better to use the latest version of Microsoft Word.