The Oculus Quest 2 is an amazing device for experiencing virtual reality and other immersive experiences. One feature that many owners don’t know about is the ability to force close apps on the Oculus Quest 2. Below, we’ll outline how to force close apps and provide optional tips that you can use to make the process easier.
Force Close App
To force close an app on your Oculus Quest 2, follow these steps:
- From Home, select the app you want to force close
- Press and hold the Oculus button on the right side of the controller
- A menu will appear with the option to “Force Close App”
- Select “Force Close App”
Tips & Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that you can use to make the force close process easier:
- Try to force close apps before you update them to ensure that the update will go smoothly
- Force close all other active apps before launching a game or experience
- Force closing an app will reset all of its settings. If you have changes you want to keep, make sure to save them first
- Force closing an app can help with performance issues and provide additional resources to the active apps
Q: Do I have to force close an app if I want to update it?
A: While it’s not necessary to force close an app before updating it, it can make the process smoother. By force closing the app, you’ll ensure that no other apps or processes are taking up resources and can free up more space and resources for the update.
Q: Does force closing an app remove any progress I made in that app or game?
A: Force closing an app will not remove any progress or game saves. However, it will reset any settings that you have applied in the app and you may have to re-enter your username or log back in after force closing the app.
Q: How often should I force close my apps?
A: Generally, you won’t have to force close your apps very often. However, it can be beneficial to force close apps when running long or resource-heavy games or experiences or if your Oculus Quest 2 isn’t running as well as you’d like.
Q: Does force closing an app fix any bugs or glitches?
A: In some cases, force closing an app can help resolve some issues or bugs. In most cases, however, it’s best to contact the developer of the app if you’re having any issues.
Q: What should I do in case the app does not respond to any of my inputs?
A: If an app isn’t responding to your inputs, your best bet is to try force closing it. Follow the steps outlined above. If the app still isn’t responding, you may need to try restarting your Oculus Quest 2.