Getting driving directions with MapQuest at zoom level 6 is a convenient way to quickly know your route and plans for the drive. This document covers how to get driving directions with MapQuest at zoom level 6 and includes step-by-step directions, as well as an FAQ section to help guide you when you have questions.
- Go to the MapQuest website. You can access MapQuest from your browser.
- At the top-right corner of the page, input the beginning location (e.g. your current location).
- Input the destination location that you want to arrive at.
- Click the Route button to generate the route between the two points.
- Once the route is generated, look for the Zoom Level options in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Increase the zoom level to level 6 to get driving instructions (this will bring you closer to the road information).
How do I change the zoom level?
To change the zoom level, click the Zoom Level option located in the toolbar at the top of the page and adjust the zoom level by either dragging the magnification slider or by clicking one of the preset zoom levels.
What is the maximum zoom level?
The maximum zoom level is present 18.
What happens when I zoom in?
When you zoom in on MapQuest, it will increase the magnification of the map and show more detailed information in relation to the region of the map you’re looking at. This includes roads, buildings, and other topographic features.
How do I get more detailed driving instructions?
You can zoom in at level 6 to get more detailed driving instructions. However, if you zoom in past level 6, it will display even more detailed instructions and information about the route.
How can I get real-time traffic updates on MapQuest?
MapQuest provides real-time traffic updates on its maps. To access the updates, click on the Traffic option in the toolbar at the top of the page. This will turn on the traffic layers and will show real-time updates with the color codes (green/yellow/orange/red).