The objective of this document is to provide an overview on how to use an OCP-APIM Subscription Key. The OCP-APIM Subscription Key is an authentication mechanism used to enable the secure operation of API services by API Providers.
This document is intended primarily for developers looking to begin integrating with the OCP-APIM Subscription Key.
What Is an OCP-APIM Subscription Key?
An OCP-APIM Subscription Key is an authentication mechanism used to secure access of API services. The OCP-APIM Subscription Key is a unique identifier that is used to manage authorization for individual APIs. This allows API providers to manage who can access certain services, manage resource usage, and enable pay-as-you-go pricing models.
How Do I Get an OCP-APIM Subscription Key?
- Create an Azure account if you don’t already have one.
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Navigate to the "Marketplace" tab and select the "APIs & Services" option.
- Search for the API you are interested in and select it.
- Select the "Subscriptions" option and click the "Create Subscription" button.
- Enter the required information and select the "Create" button.
- The OCP-APIM Subscription Key will be generated.
Question: What is the OCP-APIM Subscription Key used for?
Answer: The OCP-APIM Subscription Key is used to secure access of API services. It is a unique identifier used to manage authorization for individual APIs.
Question: How often do I need to renew my subscription key?
Answer: Typically, OCP-APIM Subscription Keys are valid for 30 days, but this can vary depending on the specific API provider. You can check the specific expiration date for your subscription key in the Azure portal.
Question: Do I need to create a new subscription key for each API I want to access?
Answer: Yes, you will need to create a unique OCP-APIM Subscription Key for each API you want to access.