To fix the "The installed product does not match the installation source" error in Skype, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Skype: Go to the Control Panel, select Programs, then Programs and Features. Find Skype, right-click and select Uninstall.
- Download latest version of Skype: Visit the Skype website and download the latest version of the software.
- Reinstall Skype: Run the installation file, and complete the installation process.
- Verify installation: After the installation is complete, start Skype and check if the error is resolved.
If the error persists, try clearing the Windows Installer cache:
- Press Windows key + R
- Type "msiexec /unreg" and hit enter
- Type "msiexec /regserver" and hit enter
Then reinstall Skype.
If the error still persists, try the following:
- Disable Anti-virus: Temporarily disable your anti-virus software, then reinstall Skype.
- Repair the Windows Installer: Go to the Control Panel, select Programs, then Programs and Features. Find Windows Installer, right-click and select Repair.
- Run a System File Checker scan: Press Windows Key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin), type "sfc /scannow" and hit enter. Wait for the process to complete, then restart your computer and try reinstalling Skype again.
- Clean boot: Perform a clean boot on your computer, then reinstall Skype.
If the error still persists, consider contacting Skype Support for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Error
What causes the "The installed product does not match the installation source" error in Skype?
This error occurs when the version of Skype installed on the computer doesn't match the installation source, which can happen due to outdated software, incorrect installation, or corrupt files.
Is it safe to disable my anti-virus software to fix the error?
Disabling your anti-virus software temporarily is usually safe, but it's recommended to enable it as soon as the installation is complete to protect your computer from any potential threats.
What if the error persists after reinstalling Skype and following the steps mentioned?
If the error still persists, consider contacting Skype Support for further assistance. They may be able to help diagnose and resolve the issue.
Can the "The installed product does not match the installation source" error occur for other software besides Skype?
Yes, this error can occur for other software as well, not just Skype. The steps mentioned to fix the error can be applied to other software facing the same issue.
Does this error affect the functionality of Skype or other software?
Yes, this error can affect the functionality of Skype or other software, making it unable to run or causing errors during use.
Can I resolve this error on my own or do I need professional help?
In many cases, you can resolve the error on your own by following the steps mentioned. However, if the error persists after attempting these steps, it may be necessary to seek professional help.
What is a System File Checker scan and how does it help with resolving the error?
A System File Checker scan is a Windows utility that checks for and repairs corrupted system files. Running a System File Checker scan can help resolve the error by repairing any corrupt files that may be causing the issue.
What is a clean boot and how does it help with resolving the error?
A clean boot is a process where Windows starts with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Performing a clean boot can help resolve the error by isolating and removing any conflicts caused by third-party software.