The purpose of this doc is to provide clear instructions on how to download CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server 2019, a necessary step for developers who want to move forward with their projects on this platform. The doc provides a step-by-step approach to download the necessary components, links to additional resources, and a section of frequently asked questions at the end.
Steps to Download CLR Types:
- Go to the Microsoft official website and download the Microsoft® System CLR Types for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2019 file.
- Click the Download button and save the file to a folder.
- Close all applications running on your computer.
- Run the SystemClrTypes.msi installer file. Once the installation is finished, you’re ready to move forward with your project.
- Technical notes for Microsoft® System CLR Types for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2019
- Download lots of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2019 products and services
What is CLR Types?
CLR Types stands for Common Language Runtime Types. It is an assembly of components used to work with SSIS, SSAS and SSRS on Microsoft SQL Server 2019 platforms.
What are the System Requirements for downloading CLR Types?
Your operating system should support one of the following:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2019
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Service Pack 1
Is it mandatory to install CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server 2019?
Yes, it is mandatory to install CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 if you are planning to use the SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS components.
How much disk space is required for installation of CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server 2019?
Approximately 100 MB of disk space is required for installing CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
Does the installation of CLR Types require internet connection?
No, the installation of CLR Types does not require an internet connection. However, you need to download the installer file using an internet connection first.