Unlocking a phone's bootloader is the first step to rooting your device. Unlocking the AT&T Note 3 bootloader is a relatively simple process but there are a few things to remember before getting started. In this guide, we will go over the steps to unlock your bootloader and get your device ready to root.
Before getting started with the steps below, make sure you have the following prerequisites taken care of:
- The AT&T Note 3 device
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- ADB and Fastboot tools (can be downloaded here)
- Access to the AT&T Developer Portal (free registration here)
Steps to unlock the AT&T Note 3 bootloader
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
- Connect the AT&T Note 3 to your computer using the USB cable.
- Open a command window on your computer and type
adb reboot bootloaderto get your AT&T Note 3 into bootloader mode.
- Open the AT&T Developer Portal and register an account if you don't already have one.
- On the developer portal, navigate to the Device Unlocking page and submit a device unlock application.
- Your AT&T Note 3 device will be automatically detected in the application process.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and submit the application.
- Once the application is approved and processed, an unlock code will be sent to you in an email.
- Enter the unlock code in the command window and type
fastboot oem unlock.
- You will receive a confirmation that your device has been unlocked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the AT&T Note 3 bootloader unlocking process safe?
Yes, the unlocking process is safe and does not affect the hardware or software of your device.
Can I still receive AT&T updates after unlocking the bootloader?
Yes, your AT&T Note 3 device will still receive official updates from AT&T after unlocking the bootloader. However, it is recommended that you do not install any updates until you have backed up your data.
Will my device warranty be affected after I unlock my bootloader?
No, unlocking the bootloader will not void your warranty.
Can I root my AT&T Note 3 after unlocking the bootloader?
Yes, once the bootloader is unlocked you can go ahead and root your device.
Is the AT&T bootloader unlock application free?
Yes, the application is free and can be filed through the AT&T Developer Portal.